City encourages residents, business owners to report storm damage

December 16, 2010

By Staff

NEW — 5 p.m. Dec. 16, 2010

City officials are encouraging residents and businesses to report damage from the recent wind and rain to King County.

To report damage, call the King County Office of Emergency Management at 206-296-3830 between 6:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.

If you call to report damage, do so by Dec. 24 and ask to submit information to Individual Assistance, city officials said in a press release.

If you report damage, you would need to disclose your name; the address of your affected property; whether you’re an owner or renter; the type of homeowner’s insurance your have and your deductible; a personal estimate of uninsured losses; a description of your damage; and an estimated fair market value of your damaged home or business.

City officials also encourage those whose property was damaged to call their insurance agents, take photographs of damage, keep records of all repairs they make and take note of any pertinent city permits they may need prior to repair.

Call City Hall at 649-4444 for more information about city permits.

Gov. Chris Gregoire will use the total assessed damages in the state to possibly request a declaration of a disaster and federal aid from the president. Federal disaster assistance from Federal Emergence Management Agency would only cover uninsured losses.

Bookmark and Share
Other Stories of Interest:


Got something to say?

Before you comment, please note:

  • These comments are moderated.
  • Comments should be relevant to the topic at hand and contribute to its discussion.
  • Personal attacks and/or excessive profanity will not be tolerated and such comments will not be approved.
  • This is not your personal chat room or forum, so please stay on topic.